Springfield History Exhibits
Festival of Flowers 2013 - Wood Museum of Springfield History
April 4th, 2013 through April 7th, 2013
Lyman & Merrie Wood Museum of Springfield History
Join us as we celebrate the coming of spring throughout the art, history and science museums! Galleries in all four museums will burst with color when over 40 museum objects are creatively interpreted by florists, designers, and garden club members.
Works of inspiration include French paintings, American contemporary art, Japanese armor, African animals, and the work of Dr. Seuss.
On view in this museum...
- Entry arrangements by Flowers by Rebecca at the Castle of Knights and Stephanie Wesolowski, Glitz, Glamour n' Elegance
- Culture & Cocktails arrangements by Jane M. Banash, The Flower Lady; Christy Langone, AIFD, Durocher Florist; Heather Sullivan, Durocher Florist; Ralph Liebro, Flowers by Webster; Wil Stebbins; and Brian Grisel, Langone's Florist
- Phantom I Rolls-Royce, as interpreted by Jane M. Banash, The Flower Lady
- Dureya as interpreted by Marilyn Moran, Big Y Foods
- Hasbro GameLand, as interpreted by Wil Stebbins and Michael Chunyk
- Indian V-Twin 1913 as interpreted by Brian Grisel, Langone's Florist
- 1949 Indian Scout and Arrow as interpreted by Katharine Michie, Worcester Garden Club
- Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden by Sixteen Acres Garden Center (on the Quadrangle Green)