Science Museum News
Science Museum Celebrates Astronomy Day
Springfield Science Museum
April 26, 2011
The Springfield Museums’ Weekend Family Fun series will continue with Astronomy Day on Saturday, May 7. Activities will take place at the Springfield Science Museum from 11 am to 4 pm and are free with museum admission unless noted.
Weekend Family Fun programs are sponsored by TD Bank through the TD Charitable Foundation.
- 11:15 a.m., noon, 1 & 2 p.m. – Planetarium Shows (additional fee)
- Noon and 2 p.m. – Tours of the Science Museum’s rooftop observatory.
- 1-4 p.m. - Sunspot viewing through filtered telescopes on the Quadrangle.
- 1-4 p.m. - Meteorite display and demonstration.
- Ongoing - See the two Star Tortoises in the special exhibition Reptiles: The Beautiful and the Deadly, which features live exotic reptiles from around the world (special exhibit fee of $5 per person).
Astronomy Day began in 1973 as a local activity organized by the Astronomical Association of Northern California. Over the years, it has grown into an international event, with hundreds of museums, planetariums, and astronomy clubs participating.
For more information about Astronomy Day, call 413.263.6800 ext. 318.