George Walter Vincent Smith Art Exhibits
Festival of Flowers 2013 - George Walter Vincent Smith Art Museum
April 4th, 2013 through April 7th, 2013
George Walter Vincent Smith Art Museum
Join us as we celebrate the coming of spring throughout the art, history and science museums! Galleries in all four museums will burst with color when over 40 museum objects are creatively interpreted by florists, designers, and garden club members.
Works of inspiration include French paintings, American contemporary art, Japanese armor, African animals, and the work of Dr. Seuss.
On view in this museum...
- Entry arrangement by Gardeners of the Green, Longmeadow
- Shinto Wheel Shrine by Genso Komatsu & his son Gensuke Komatsu, as interpreted by Theodore Metayer, Heavenly Gifts
- Japanese Suit of Armor, as interpreted by Susan Roy
- The Chinese Cloisonne Collection, as interpreted by Eva Matthews, Springfield Garden Club
- Chinese Silk Tapestry Robe, as interpreted by Sherry Williams, Springfield Garden Club
- The Lightbearer by Tiffany Studios, as interpreted by Amy Tyler, Amy Tyler Designs
- Sunrise in the Hetch Hetchy Valley, Cal. by Albert Bierstadt, as interpreted by Christy Langone, AIFD, Durocher Florist
- Tenament Mother by Page, as interpreted by Suzanne Reed, Springfield Garden Club
More museum-inspired arrangements...
Sponsored by Flowers by Rebecca at the Castle of Knights Banquet Facility
Supported by Springfield Florists Supply, Corina Miller of The Botaniste: Floral & Interior Design, Longmeadow Gardeners on the Green and Durocher Florist.