D’Amour Museum of Fine Arts Exhibits
Festival of Flowers 2014 - D'Amour Museum of Fine Arts
April 3rd, 2014 through April 6th, 2014
Michele & Donald D'Amour Museum of Fine Arts
The museum galleries will overflow with stunning floral arrangements as this much-anticipated event returns for a second year. All four museums will burst with color when over 50 museum objects are creatively interpreted by florists, designers, and garden club members. Join us as we celebrate the coming of spring throughout the art, history and science museums!
Works of inspiration include French paintings, American contemporary art, Chinese cloisonné, Islamic rugs, the rainforest and Indian Motocycles.
On view in this museum...
- View of Niagara Falls in Moonlight by Herman Herzog, as interpreted by the team at Flowers, Flowers!
- Evening at Low Tide, Manomet by Alfred Thomas Bricher, as interpreted by the team at Flowers, Flowers!
- The Fisherman and His Dog by Joseph Whiting Stock, as interpreted by the team at Flowers, Flowers!
- Promenade on the Beach by Winslow Homer, as interpreted by Debra Bordenuk-Trimboli, Sixteen Acres Garden Center
- Tiffany Lamp by Tiffany Studios, as interpreted by Sherry Williams, Springfield Garden Club
- Fugue by George Sugarman, as interpreted by Bob Whitney, Springfield Florist Supply
- 4 Odalisques by John Grillo, as interpreted by Stephanie Ross
- New Mexican Landscape by Georgia O'Keeffe, as interpreted by Sarah Taylor, Springfield Garden Club
- Saint Anthony Abbot, as interpreted by Pat Parker, Pat Parker & Sons Florist
- Bacchus and Ariadne by Allessandro Turchi (called Veronese), as interpreted by Corina Miller, The Botaniste
- Young Woman Sleeping by Circle of Rembrandt van Rijn, as interpreted by Jamie Risley Hall, Springfield Garden Club
- Young Girl by William-Adolphe Bouguereau, as interpreted by Tom Fredette, Floral Concepts by Tom
- Rehearsal Before Ballet by Edgar Degas, as interpreted by Tara Northway Ostrosky, T. Northway Floral Design
More museum inspired arrangements
George Walter Vincent Smith Art Museum
Springfield Science Museum
Wood Museum of Springfield History
Festival of Flowers is sponsored by Flowers, Flowers!, Dave DiRico’s Golf and Racquet, Durocher Florist, Gardeners on the Green in Longmeadow, Randall’s Farm and Greenhouse and Springfield Florists Supply Inc.