Springfield Museums Press Releases
Museums Announce Grant from TD Charitable Foundation
General Museum News
September 13, 2013
The Springfield Museums have received a $10,000 grant from the TD Charitable Foundation, the charitable giving arm of TD Bank, to present their Family Fun Series. The series has been developed to reinforce the Springfield Museums’ mission to “inspire exploration of our connections to art, history and science through outstanding collections, exhibitions and programs.”
The series is comprised of ten programs, including six weekend events and the four-day December school vacation week period. Each program features a musical or theatrical performance, family science demonstrations, and hands-on art workshops that support the theme of the day. Activities are designed to highlight holidays, special exhibitions, and cultural traditions through scavenger hunts, gallery games, and drop-in art and literacy activities. The Family Fun series includes the following events:
- Family Fiesta – Sunday, October 6.
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow: Performance by The Puppet People – Monday, November 11.
- Holiday Wonderland and Lighting of the Quadrangle – Friday, November 29.
- Wacky Week: December School Vacation – December 27-30.
- Rainforest Adventure: A Special Exhibit Opening – Saturday, January 25.
- Dr. Seuss Birthday Celebration – Saturday, March 1.
- Spring into Easter – Friday, April 18.