Springfield Museums Press Releases
"Spooktacular" Halloween Fun at the Springfield Museums
General Museum News
October 12, 2012
The Springfield Museums will host “Halloween Spooktacular” on Saturday, October 27, from 10 am to 4 pm. Most activities are free with museum admission.
Weekend Family programs are sponsored by TD Bank, through the TD Charitable Foundation.
- Teaching Creatures presents “Animals of the Night” – Learn about the tools that nocturnal creatures use to master their role as the hunter or the hunted under the darkness of night; 10:15 am.
- Prismatic Magic presents “Halloween Laser Spooktacular” – A zany laser show featuring a mix of current pop music and classic Halloween titles such as “Monster Mash,” “Purple People Eater,” and “Thriller;” 1 pm.
- Art activities – Mini flashlights and trick-or-treat totes; 10:30 am-1 pm.
- Family Science Adventures – Interactive demonstrations presented by the Springfield Science Museum’s Roving Scientist; 11 am-2 pm.
- Art Discovery Center - Decorate a Haunted House, try on costumes, and get inspired by colorful, hand-painted murals; noon-3:45 pm.