Springfield Museums Press Releases
Puppets Present Persian Prince Performance
General Museum News
March 20, 2012
The Springfield Museums’ Family Fun series will continue on Friday, April 6, with “An Arabian Adventure.” Activities will take place from 10 am to 4 pm and are free with museum admission unless noted.
Family Fun programs are sponsored by TD Bank through the TD Charitable Foundation.
Performance, 1 pm
- An Arabian Adventure - The Tanglewood Marionettes present the tale of a Persian prince who must escape from a dungeon to save his princess from a tragic fate. The performance features storybook-style scenery and both classical and Middle Eastern music.
- Hands-on art activity – Make your own magic carpet, noon-3:45 pm
- Roving Scientist Demonstrations, 11 am-2 pm
- Scavenger Hunts – Locate objects in the galleries of the art and history museums, 10 am-4:45 pm
- Planetarium Shows – 11:15 am, noon, 1 and 2 pm (additional fee)
- Frogs: A Chorus of Colors - Fifteen different habitats filled with rock ledges, live plants and waterfalls are home to a selection of exotic frogs from around the world. ($5 special exhibit fee for all visitors ages 3 and up in addition to museum admission.)
Free onsite parking is available in the Edwards Street parking lots.
For information, call 413.263.6800, ext. 488.