Springfield Museums Press Releases
Museums Launch New Website
General Museum News
October 28, 2005
OH! THE PLACES YOU'LL GO – RIGHT IN THE COMFORT OF HOME!
Revamped Springfield Museums website brings new worlds to your desktop.
While nothing can replace seeing exhibits up-close during an actual visit to the museums, we want to give you an enticing online slice from our smorgasbord of arts, science and history. With more than 25,000 pieces on display at any given time (and 425,000 more objects in storage) we can only scrape the surface of our vast collection on the website. But we can give you the tools and information to plan a visit or special event, ask us a question, or simply discover what's new at the museums.
The revamped website houses a whole gallery of features and information, all laid out in a fun, user-friendly format. Some of the highlights include:
- Striking images from the collections, including our new Currier & Ives exhibit
- A link to our Dr. Seuss web page
- Easy, secure shopping at your online museum store
- A calendar of events to help plan your visits
- Contact information for every facet of our four museums
- Membership and volunteer opportunities... and much more!
So whether your interests center on Pablo Picasso or Yertle the Turtle, our new website will bring you the information, which we hope then will bring you to visit us at the museums. Visit us online today at www.springfieldmuseums.org.