Springfield Museums Events September
History on the Move Car Show
September 6th, 9:00 am - 3:00 pmGeneral Museum Event
Free with museum admission!
With Special Guest Paul Mennett of Cruisin' New England!
- See a variety of classic, vintage, and pre-1980 automobiles on the museum grounds.
- Unique muscle cars as part of Cruisin' New England's ongoing “Super Wheels Showdown” competition.
- Awards Ceremony, 2 pm
- Driving demonstrations of a replica of the Springfield-built 1893 Duryea, the first successful gasoline-powered car, 10:45 am & 1:30 pm.
- A talk on the early car industry in Springfield by museum docent Jerre Hoffman, 11:15 am.
- Transportation Exhibition in the Wood Museum of Springfield History. Including an experimental roadster made by the Indian company, an 1899 three-wheeled Knox made in Springfield, two Springfield-built Rolls-Royces, an Atlas, and the oldest surviving Stevens-Duryea.
- Lunch and snacks. Available in the Blake House Café.
Sponsored by AAA Pioneer Valley
Select a day above to view events for that week.