Springfield Museums Events August 2013
August 10th, 11:00 am - 2:00 pmGeneral Museum Event
Free event on the Quadrangle Green!
Local artists, with the help of Springfield students, will turn ordinary picnic tables into extraordinary works of art. Join us as we unveil their work and celebrate art in the City of Homes. Learn more about Art Picnic >>
- BYOB (bring your own blanket) and picnic next to the completed Art Picnic tables, 11 am-2 pm.
- Music by Superior Sounds DJ, 11 am-2 pm
- A variety of strolling entertainment by Bending Gravity Entertainment, 11 am-2 pm
- Live adaptation of Degas’s famous ballerinas by Linda Peck, noon-2 pm
- Family-friendly lunches available for sale at the Blake House Cafe.
Art Picnic and the Community Picnic are funded by a grant from the Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts through the Art & Soles Fund, and supported by the Springfield Business Improvement District.
Select a day above to view events for that week.