Springfield Museums Events March
The Science of Magic
March 29th, 1:00 pmGeneral Museum Event
Free with museum admission!
Super Scientific Circus presents The Science of Magic, 1-2 pm
The secrets of magic are revealed in this lively, interactive, and educational performance! Most magic tricks and illusions that have confounded and confused audiences for centuries actually have scientific explanations. This show uses mirrors, magnets, air, optical illusions, and mental confusions to educate and delight the audiences, demonstrating the principals of light, sight, reflection, magnetism, memory, air pressure, and logic. Learn how to make a ball roll around on its own with the invisible force of magnets, how to make your head disappear using mirrors, and how to create an optical illusion. Seating is limited.
Strolling Magic, 10:30 am-12:30 pm
Be on the lookout for magician Ed Popielarcyck in the museum galleries‒ he has a few tricks up his sleeve!
- Special Exhibition. GUITAR: The Instrument That Rocked The World. Additional fee. 10 am-5 pm. Learn more
- Art Activities. A magical variety of hands-on art projects. 10:30 am-1 pm.
- Family Science Adventures. Interactive demonstrations for the whole family. 11 am-2 pm.
- Planetarium Shows. Additional fee. 11:15, noon, 1 & 2 pm. Learn more
- Art Discovery Center. Magic wands. Noon-3:45 pm.
Supported by the TD Charitable Foundation
Select a day above to view events for that week.