Springfield Museums Events March 2013
Dr. Seuss Birthday Celebration
March 2nd, 10:00 am - 5:00 pmGeneral Museum Event
Most activities are free with museum admission.
SPECIAL PROGRAMS & PERFORMANCES
Dr. Seuss Cake Contest
11 am-2:30 pm
View Seuss-inspired cakes, vote for your favorite and enter to win one of the tasty confections.
Contest and raffle winners announced. Visitors must be present to win raffle.
The Cat in the Hat, 11 am-3:30 pm
Be on the lookout for the mischievous Cat as he roams the museum galleries.
Goowin’s Balloowins, Noon & 2 pm - Two Shows!
An unforgettable show with a bang, twist and pop! Madcap balloon artist Allynn Gooen fills the stage with extraordinary creations as he tells well-known stories in which audience members will star. While most clowns and magicians twist balloons into creatures for kids, Allynn uses balloons to turn kids into creatures!
- Art Activity. Seuss-inspired bow ties. 10:30 am-2 pm.
- Family Science Adventures. Interactive demonstrations for the whole family. 11 am-2 pm.
- Planetarium Shows. Additional fee. 11:15, noon, 1 & 2 pm. Learn more.
- Art Discovery Center. Noon-3:45 pm.
- Live Music. Provided by Falcetti Music instructors and students. 1 pm.
Sponsored by TD Bank through the TD Charitable Foundation.
Select a day above to view events for that week.