Springfield Museums Events February 2012
School Vacation Week: Creepy, Crawly Critters
February 24th 2012, All DayGeneral Museum Event
Most activities are free with museum admission!
Frogs: A Chorus of Colors, 10 am–5 pm
A colorful, sound-filled exhibition of live frogs from around the world. See videos of frogs in the wild, hear their recorded calls, and discover fascinating facts at interactive stations. Learn more.
$5 special exhibition fee for all visitors ages 3 and up in addition to museum admission.
Dinoman Science Series presents Bugs!, noon & 2 pm - TWO SHOWS!
Millions of years ago bugs lived in watery areas and proceeded to take on the land. How they did they evolve? How many different types of bug are there? Find out in this fun, interactive show, which incldes a visit from a giant insect! Seating is limited.
- Family Science Adventures. 11 am-2 pm, Springfield Science Museum.
- Scavenger Hunts. 10 am-4:45 pm, D'Amour Museum of Fine Arts and Wood Museum of Springfield History.
- Art activity. 10:30 am-1 pm.
- Lunch and Snack Concessions. By Benson Bagels, 11 am-3 pm. Additional fee.
- Museum Mining Company. Pan for gemstones, minerals, and fossils , 11 am-4 pm. Additional fee.
- Planetarium Shows. 11:15, noon, 1 & 2 pm, Springfield Science Museum. Additional fee. Learn more
- Art Discovery Center. Noon-3:45 pm, Second Floor, George Walter Vincent Smith Art Museum.
Select a day above to view events for that week.