Springfield Museums Events February
School Vacation Week: Creepy, Crawly Critters
February 23rd, All DayGeneral Museum Event
Most activities are free with museum admission!
Frogs: A Chorus of Colors, 10 am–5p m
A colorful, sound-filled exhibition of live frogs from around the world. See videos of frogs in the wild, hear their recorded calls, and discover fascinating facts at interactive stations. Learn more.
$5 special exhibition fee for all visitors ages 3 and up in addition to museum admission.
LIVE ANIMAL DEMONSTRATION
Reptile & Amphibian Encounter, 11 am – noon
Meet some of the creepy, crawly, critters that live at the Science Museum's Live Animal Center. Learn about animal habitats, adaptations, responsible animal care and more.
Toe Jam Puppet Band performs the Bug Show, noon & 2 pm - TWO SHOWS!
This show features songs and stories about creatures you’ll find in your yard, garden and sometimes in your house. There will be songs about ants, bees, spiders, worms and a mouse that lives in Tom’s house. You’ll be served a tasty treat from the Swamp Restaurant where you can count the bugs dancin’ in your soup. Toe Jam has ants in their pants and flies on their ties. They love bugs, but they’re not sure why. Seating is limited.
- Family Science Adventures. 11 am-2 pm, Springfield Science Museum.
- Scavenger Hunts. 10 am-4:45 pm, D'Amour Museum of Fine Arts and Wood Museum of Springfield History.
- Art activity. 10:30 am-1 pm.
- Lunch and Snack Concessions. By Benson Bagels, 11 am-3 pm. Additional fee.
- Museum Mining Company. Pan for gemstones, minerals, and fossils , 11 am-4 pm. Additional fee.
- Planetarium Shows. 11:15, noon, 1 & 2 pm, Springfield Science Museum. Additional fee. Learn more
- Art Discovery Center. Noon-3:45 pm, Second Floor, George Walter Vincent Smith Art Museum.
Select a day above to view events for that week.