Springfield Museums Events February
School Vacation Week: Creepy, Crawly Critters
February 22nd, All DayGeneral Museum Event
Most activities are free with museum admission!
Frogs: A Chorus of Colors, 10 am–5 pm
A colorful, sound-filled exhibition of live frogs from around the world. See videos of frogs in the wild, hear their recorded calls, and discover fascinating facts at interactive stations. Learn more.
$5 special exhibition fee for all visitors ages 3 and up in addition to museum admission.
LIVE ANIMAL DEMONSTRATION
Teaching Creatures presents Hooray for Herps, 10:45 am-12:45 pm
Meet some amphibians and reptiles—an animal group often referred to as herps. Discover what makes each unique and what they have in common.
The Puppet People present The Elephant Child, 1 pm
A hilarious, contemporary adaptation of Rudyard Kipling’s classic tale of how elephants got their long noses. It delightfully explores adult/child relationships, boundary testing and optimism with the elephant child on his quest to satisfy his insatiable curiosity. Featuring large colorful hand crafted mouth puppets, marionettes, and soft sculpture scenery. Seating is limited.
- Family Science Adventures. 11 am-2 pm, Springfield Science Museum.
- Scavenger Hunts. 10 am-4:45 pm, D'Amour Museum of Fine Arts and Wood Museum of Springfield History.
- Art activity. 10:30 am-1 pm.
- Lunch and Snack Concessions. By Benson Bagels, 11 am-3 pm. Additional fee.
- Museum Mining Company. Pan for gemstones, minerals, and fossils , 11 am-4 pm. Additional fee.
- Planetarium Shows. 11:15, noon, 1 & 2 pm, Springfield Science Museum. Additional fee. Learn more
- Art Discovery Center. Noon-3:45 pm, Second Floor, George Walter Vincent Smith Art Museum.