Art & Science Docent Programs
Docents are volunteer museum educators. No experience is necessary. We offer an extensive training program. If accepted, you'll conduct tours and educational programs for children and adults. Applicants are selected based on their qualifications and the number of docent openings available. Please read the following and fill out the application questions
Responsibilities: Conduct museum tours and educational programs.
Anyone with a desire to work with people and an enthusiasm for
art or science is a welcome candidate.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- The time commitment for training and touring is extensive. Trainings are held weekly fall-spring.
- Docents commit to conduct several programs a year for two consecutive years after completion of docent training.
- Free Training program
- Discounts on Museum School Courses
- Museum Store discounts
- Docent Newsletters
- Free admission to selected programs & lectures
- Attendance at docent social events, including docent picnic, holiday luncheon, bus trips, and
- In-depth, ongoing training led by curators, scholars, and museum educators
For any questions about our program: Call 413.263.6800, ext. 331 or email email@example.com.